Sunday, October 29, 2017

Facing Each Day with Courage


Facing Each Day with Courage

Everyday at 3 am, I wake up, do stretching, face the forest with the cool wind on my face and inhale-exhale, savoring the sweet fresh oxygen to replace spent one used in my body. Under the terrace lights and flickering wings of moths, I read the Bible, reflecting on the words of the Lord.

After which, I have the courage to face the world. The courage, unreserved for any day but for today, to face disappointments in life. Disappointment is a robber of reason and faith, and even dignity.
A little common, everyday courage can give a life so much more to live for and to find contentment in the knowledge that today I did not give in to the smaller self. And I can draw on the strength from One who bore personal suffering with supreme courage.

A comforting adage is that it is always darkest just before the dawn. The darkness of fear and worry and misunderstanding can last only so long, and then the light of dawn breaks through to show everything in its true perspective.

No comments: