Sunday, October 29, 2017

Let their laughter ring for the years to come

Let their laughter ring for the years to come

Each time I go visit an obscure village I’m helping in farming, I pass by the small elementary school I adopted to help. The children, preoccupied by playing and running, give life to the dull warm afternoon. I can hear their laughter as they played while others ate. Their shrill voices filled the air like chimes singing to the wind. I asked my staff to stop, I get out and watch the children with a child’s curiosity. Some of the kids call my name. some ran towards me. How blessed I am I thought. A wagtail chirped atop a fence trilling out a song. I looked around, at the trees and closed my eyes. I heard the voices when I was a child with my friends, since childhood and my thoughts brought me back to the happy, breathless and precious times I love so much.

I heard my mother’s voice calling me. It was a happy, soothing, good and healthy voice that called me to be strong, to be hopeful, to live peacefully. It rang through the years and beyond down many lanes to me.

I heard my childrens’ laughter, voices, songs . I heard their prayers, their laughter, giggles and . In hushed voices, they shared stories, saw them calling me when I was in far away countries.
I heard Grace’s whispers, soft laughter breaking through the flower garden as she watered the plants. I heard her soft footsteps pressing gently on our fruit-carpeted orchard.

More than ever, I heard myself, counting my blessings, ever thankful to our God for all the goodness in my life. I heard Him favorably gesture to what I do. So the children’s laughter will forever ring.

No comments: